This is a rare opportunity to work with an experienced group of well-financed, successful entrepreneurs. HomeTap makes investments in residential properties giving homeowners a simple, new and debt-free way to use the equity in their homes to intelligently finance their life. In addition, for homebuyers, we provide down payment assistance to help increase their buying power. Upfront investments today, recouped at the time of sale and based on the price of the home. No loan, no interest, no monthly payments, no risk. Too many people are stressed out by the burden of their home, have all their wealth locked up in their home, or can’t buy a home at all. That’s where we come in.
You’ll design and develop financial models that drive our operating plan, capital structure, and homeowner underwriting. You’ll work directly with senior management in preparing financial models and presentations to support fundraising efforts, marketing, business development, and internal operations. You’ll work with the data science team to inform model building. Strong quantitative and analytical skills with work experience in a finance-related field is essential. Computer science background and exposure to SQL is an added bonus.
What You’ll Do
- Help design the strategy and structure of our investment funds/vehicles, and develop robust financial models and presentations for both debt and equity investors that project fund duration, returns, volatility, etc.
- Create investor facing models and presentations for operating company fundraising efforts
- Build out our internal operating plan, budget, and financial projections
- Work with the marketing team to help build customer acquisition / LTV models
- Collaborate with the data science team to help build a homeowner risk/underwriting model, homeowner duration forecasts, and home price appreciation forecasts
- Build repeatable financial reports and analytics for both internal and investor-facing purposes
Who You Are
- 2+ years work experience in a finance-related field such as investment banking, management consulting, private equity, etc.
- Strong background in a quantitative / analytical field such as quantitative finance, finance, mathematics, statistics, or engineering
- Master of Microsoft Excel
- Interest in finance, capital markets, and real estate
- Proactive, able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with exceptional communication skills -- both verbal and written
- Inquisitive by nature with detail orientation and intellectual curiosity
- Entrepreneurial, not afraid to be hands-on, while also contributing to strategic decisions. A doer who thinks or a thinker who does.
- Demonstrated SQL experience
- Quantitative experience in the residential mortgage market, mortgage-backed securities, fund structure, commercial real estate loans or fixed income
- General coding experience in Python highly desired
- Knowledge of statistical software such as SAS, R, etc.; NumPy, Scikit-learn, or other Python statistical packages highly desired